1. Prepare students for careers in industries that require technical expertise in chemical engineering.
2. Prepare students to assume leadership positions in industries that require technical expertise in chemical engineering.
3. Enable students to pursue graduate-level studies in chemical engineering and related technical or scientific fields (e.g. biomedical or environmental engineering, materials science).
4. Provide a strong foundation for students to pursue alternative career paths, especially careers in business, management, finance, law, medicine or education.
5. Establish in students a commitment to life-long learning and service within their chosen profession and society.